1.What is Rental Cart ?
A Rental Cart is a virtual shopping box that shows the details of all the books that the user is ready to rent in the present order. The user freezes the books in the Rental Cart and then proceeds for providing the delivery information and payment to confirm order.
2. How do I add books to my Rental Cart ?
Click on the "Rent" button on the books you want to rent, after selecting your preferred Rent Duration. These books get added to your Cart. You can select the books you want to rent presently and add them to your rental cart and proceed with the checkout when you are ready to confirm the order.
3. Can I extend rent duration from Selltym.com?
Yes. Rent duration can be extended upto six months. For rent extension, login to your account -> go to dropdown menu mentioned on your account name-> click on Rent extension. Now extend to your required duration. (Note: we can provide rent of maximum 6 month , book is considered as sold if you want to retain more than 6 month.)
4. Can I buy books from Selltym.com ?
Yes. You can buy books from Selltym.com too. However if you keep the book you rented for more than the available rental period, then it will be considered as sold.
5. Does Selltym.com sell second-hand books ?
No. We do not sell second hand books. We rent books that may be circulated into reading to another user.
6. How do I cancel my order ?
Login your account -> Go to dropdown menu mentioned on your account name -> click on "My Order" option from dropdown->now you can cancel your order from there.
7. How will my payment be refunded ?
In case you cancel your order, the payment will be credited to your Store Credit, which can be further redeemed to your bank account ( Click here
for more info).
8. What are Selltym.com's terms and conditions?
Please refer to the 'Terms and Conditions'
page on Selltym.com.
9. Can I order a book that is out of stock/unavailable ?
No. You cannot order a book product that is out of stock/unavailable. You can mail us the details of those books at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will procur those books for you.
10. I see different prices of books with the same title. Why ?
Sometimes different editions and different bindings are available for the same title. This data is provided by publishers and distributors.
11. Is it necessary to have an account to rent books from Selltym.com ?
Yes. You need an account on Selltym.com to rent books.
13. What are the delivery charges ?
There are no delivery and pick up charges for all orders above INR 350. If the Cart Value is below INR 350, a delivery charge of INR 40 is charged. The pick up in all cases is free of cost. For more info click here
14. How do I tell Selltym.com which books I wish to see in their library ?
Find books of your interest and in-case these books are not available with us, then kindly mail us the book's details at email@example.com. We will add those books to our portal.
15. Does Selltym.com keep multiple copies of titles ?
Yes. We keep multiple copies of books in demand.
16. What is bookshelf ?
Bookshelf show the books that you have rented and read from Selltym.com
17. Is there any late fees in Selltym.com ?
The rental is charged based on your rental period. Every book is available for a different rental period after which the book will be considered to be sold.
18. How long can I keep the books ?
For the rental period that the book is available for. Every book is available for a different rental period after which the book will be considered to be sold.
19. Why does Selltym.com take Initial Payable over the Rental Price ?
It's not that we don't trust our customers but we need to safeguard our books against unscrupulous elements. The remaining amount upon returning the book shall be refunded.
20. Is it necessary to have an account to rent books on Selltym?
Yes, it is necessary to have an account to rent on Selltym. Being a rental service, we maintain the reading history and that is where we give you the option to Return Books that you have rented.
21. What is Initial Payable ?
The Initial Payable is the payment taken upfront for renting a book. It is not the rent charged to you for renting. Only the rent is charged based on your rental structure and the remaining amount from the initial payment is refunded to you.
22. What is the Rental Structure for renting at Selltym ?
Is varies from Book to book and the rental structure is available with each book listing. You can check the duration for which the book is available for renting and the amount that will be charged for keeping the book in each of these durations.
23. What if the Rental Structure changes after I rented the book ?
You rent will be calculated based on the rental structure shown to you and that is the amount shown to you at the time of ordering the book.
24. What if I don't return the book in the applicable renting period ?
The book is considered to be sold after the applicable renting period and the initial amount taken is entirely kept by Selltym.
25. What is renting period ?
The duration for which a particular book is available for renting.
26. If I rent two books at a time, can I return them separately ?
Yes, each book rented is considered individually and the duration of books kept by you can vary.